7.04.2011

Worship

Do you ever have a Sunday where you feel like you could go home after the worship time, having been totally challenged in your thinking? Sometimes the sermon is a bonus...

Sunday we were singing a song that has a refrain that goes like this at the end: "we lift up our eyes, lift up our eyes..You're the giver of life..". as i was singing that part, i heard softly "My child, lift up your eyes to me, and I will lift you up. I am the giver of life."

Now, i know this. This is nothing ne to me. But it finally made the journey from my mind to my heart. Tears sprang up as i realized i had been looking to other things to give me life and to fill me up. i was choosing anxiety and worry, over trusting prayer. i was choosing how i wanted things to go, over the Sovereignty of my Lord and God. Let's just say that i was challenged to my core. Grateful that He would chasten me. Thankful that i can look up and He is waiting there.

Corrie TenBoom was known for always having her eyes to the sky, watching for her Saviour to return on the clouds. May that be how i live my own life. Ever watching, Ever waiting, Ever Trusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Talk (~: