9.27.2012

Stronger Shoulders

so thankful for church last night... so glad that that we can attend on Wednesday nights! 

I was reminded , through the message, of a quote that was shared on Sunday by Pastor Jeff by of his mentors:

  "We don't pray for lighter loads, we pray for stronger shoulders." 

Man, this has been on my mind. I needed the reminder last night. I needed to be reminded that there are trials we will pass through, but He is with us. He will strengthen us....We will not always get the load taken from us, but in Christ, we can have the strength to carry on. 

The past couple weeks have been tough for me, personally. Things are swell with my marriage, etc. It is other things. One area is coming to grips with the fact that it is looking like each of our children has dyslexia to some degree. This is a heavy load for me, as i am home-educating 3 of them. I already tutor our oldest in an Orton-Gillingham based system. This is time-consuming. I am amazed at how difficult it is for the middle two to write properly, read, and comprehend. For now, i am planning on having them tested using the Peabody test to see where they are at. We will move forward with things after that. 

God knows the details of the other areas i am struggling with, and i know that He is faithful to strengthen me, heal me, and comfort me. 

He is forming my character. 

I am choosing to be thankful, in EVERY circumstance, today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Talk (~: