4.14.2011

Mine vs. Yours

Today i was reminded of an important lesson: Don't take on anothers' baggage. It isn't mine.

Things have been a bit topsy-turvey lately, and i found myself taking on responsibility for others' actions, that i should never take resposibility for, or trying to "fix" situations that are far beyond my control.  We are each responsible for ourselves.

i was struggling with carrying a very heavy burden, when i was gently reminded that i am to take on Christ's yoke, and learn from Him. Matthew 11:28-30 says
"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
Hmmm. i had to really pray this over myself today. i realized today how i had taken up someone elses "baggage" and that it was weighing me down. That is not my Lord's heart for me. His yoke is easy and light, because as i take it up, i am walking in His will. The yoke i was choosing to take upon me was heavy and impossible, because it was someone elses junk.

Today, i am now reminding myself to rest under His light and easy yoke, and to cast all my anxieties and burdens on Him, because He cares for me. He is the Blessed Controller of every circumstance, and it is not my place to "fix" things that are not mine.

thanks for listening to me today!

2 comments:

  1. We can all take that to heart! We all take up someone else's junk sometimes. Good reminder, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks. i know we are to help carry each others burdens (to me that is part of taking up the yoke of Christ...helping others) but too often, we take up their baggage and junk. THAT is NOT what we are to do. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Let's Talk (~: