9.01.2011

Who Do You Trust

"Trust in the LORD..." So starts Proverbs 3:5. And that is as far as we are gonna get today.

i wonder, who do you trust? i mean, really trust? Who do you go to when things are going south, real quick? Lately i have been asking myself these questions. and not really liking the answers.

i propose to all of us, that the first thing we need to do when things are going south is to go to our Father in heaven, who is ALWAYS (and i mean ALWAYS) there. If i lean into this verse, just the first 4 words, i realize that i need to show i have put my trust in Him by going to Him in any and every situation. Hmmm.

One of the marks of Christianity is our trust in Jesus Christ, God the Father, and the Holy Spirit. That He will lead, guide, redeem, restore, forgive, sustain. When we look to other things, or people, we show that we don't truly trust Him with our everything.

Why can we trust Christ?

Francis Havergal writes:

Ye belong to Christ. Mark 9:41
There is no vague and general belonging to Christ. This relationship is full of specific realities. "I am Thine" means, "Truly I am Thy servant. I am one of Thy dear children. I am Thy chosen soldier. I am Thy ransomed one. I am Thy own sheep. I am Thy witness. I am Thy Friend." And all these are but Amens to His own condescending declarations. He says we are all these, and we have only to say, "Yes, Lord, so I am." Why should we ever contradict Him?
"I am Thy friend." wow...if we truly believed that, we would go to Him FIRST in everything that pops up in our day. We can trust Him. Has He ever shown Himself other than Faithful and True, Trustworthy?

"Trust in the LORD" is what we must do, dear ones. We need to go to Jesus first with all of our hurts and sorrows, as well as with all of our joys and hopes. and we must go to Him BEFORE we go to the phone, facebook, email, or twitter. Let Him soothe. We will find ourselves refreshed. We will find that our tongues are less quick to spew out poisonous darts. We will find our TRUE PEACE.

So, Dear One, lets trust in the LORD, for He has said that we belong to Him, and we know that He is completely trustworthy (even with those very delicate areas of our hearts).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Talk (~: