8.29.2011

Now You're Talkin'

i have been sitting in some stuff lately. pondering, really. thinkin' about what gets my time. my energy. my thoughts.

know what i discovered?

i think about a lot of stuff i don't need to think about! 

i read a devotional book called Unopened Treasures by the late Francis Ridley Havergal. She is one gifted writer! seriously on the level with Spurgeon, in a woman's world.

she has been talking about Trust. Worry. Being kept by Christ.

 Oh.My.Stars.

Can we say.....MAJOR CONVICTION ?!?!


i could just post her thoughts. let you sit in it too. but as i sit, i am processing. i am thinking. i am praying.

and wouldn't you know, the sermon on Sunday was ALL.ABOUT. TRUST.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding; 
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths. 
~Proverbs 3:5-6

this verse was the topic Sunday. Now we're talkin'!! there will be more to come....i promise. but i leave you with the above verse to ponder. 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. I let my mind wander ahead of God (and myself) way too often and I feel overwhelmed with just the thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are welcome. as i am processing, i plan on posting. just so much that i let myself worry over. Havergal's main thought is that if we say we are kept by God, we are either COMPLETELY KEPT, or we are not kept at all. it is ourselves that prevents it, not HIm.

    ReplyDelete

Let's Talk (~: