3.05.2012

M2C Monday

i have missed writing about this! i had sick kids and was just had too much going on last week.

Things are still going really well. To be completely honest, i HAVE eaten a few times when i was NOT hungry. i just WANTED to, and didn't question myself as to "why?", which is what i usually do. Otherwise i have been doing really well. And when i did eat those few times out of boredom or whatever my reason was, i did NOT overeat :). It was literally just a small snack (even though i didn't need it).

Onward and Upward, as they say!! (who is "they" anyway?)

Finishing chapter one was great...and i finished chapter two as well. Answering the questions at the end of the chapter really made me have to think!

One quote from chapter 2 states: "God never intended for us to want anything more than we want Him." (Made To Crave, pg. 29) Isn't it funny how it takes seeing it in black and white to realize that truth. Or maybe we have heard it before, but NOW it really resonates.

One of the questions at the end of chapter two forced me to look at WHY i have decided to eat differently. The question is:
What reasons motivate your desire to eat healthier?My answers:

pic from here

  • Set an example for my kids
  • Lower my cholesterol
  • Gain more energy
  • Have a healthy relationship with food
  • Honor the Lord with my eating habits and my body
  • Have a healthier body
 Now it is out there. I really had to think about this. I knew there were multiple reasons i wanted to make changes, and this forced me to get them down on paper! Seeing it in black and white caused me to be even more motivated and committed to this new lifestyle of health. Knowing that my sons and daughters are watching me has made me see that if i am making healthier choices, they will too (eventually).

I also want to honor the Lord in EVERY area of my life! Food is no exception!! As i have submitted this area of my life to Him, i can honestly tell you it has made a difference. I am more tuned-in to my stress-levels, since i am making the conscious choice to NOT eat when stressed; to go directly to the Lord. Makes a HUGE difference.

Thanks for following on this journey!! It is most definitely changing me...from the inside-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Talk (~: