3.04.2013

A Reversible Confession

source
okay. i have a confession to make. I have just learned how to use a reversible belt. i am 38 years old.

About a month ago, i purchased a reversible belt for $20, instead of paying over $40 for two belts: one black and one brown. Feeling pretty good about saving some money, it never dawned on me that i didn't get how it worked.

Once home, i was playing with it, trying to figure it out. To my dismay, i realized that i must have purchased a broken one, because there was no way to turn the buckle part around to get it to flip. I sadly put it back in the bag, knowing that one more trip to the store was needed.

Later that night, i confessed to my hubby that i had to take my new belt back, since it was clearly mislabeled and was not reversible. With a smirk on his snerk, he took the belt, pulled the buckle a bit, and then, amazingly, twisted it around  (you can see how it twists in the pic if you are like me and didn't know)!

IT WORKED!

I literally stood amazed that he knew how to do it. He felt pretty good, and i had found, once again, a hero in my husband. He also saved me vast amounts of embarrassment, being that i didn't have to go return the silly thing. i can only imagine what the clerks would have said upon my exiting the store! 

i have lived for this long having no clue how reversible belts worked!

wonderful little things.

the strange part? almost every time i put it on (which is every day), i am still baffled at how cool reversible belts are.

Short trip to happy? YOU BET (~:

4 comments:

  1. Ha! You are fun. And funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the real deal :) Finally had to share it, since i think about it almost every.day!

      Delete
  2. I don't think I own a reversible belt. They don't make those for fat people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i buy men's belts ;). they have them in some pretty big sizes...at least at old navy.. and, YOU ARE NOT FAT!

      Delete

Let's Talk (~: