7.08.2013

God's Lovingkindness

Sunday's sermon stopped me in my tracks. One of our Elders, Pastor Dan Burris, was preaching on Ruth. He focused in on the lovingkindness of Boaz toward Ruth, and how Boaz was the instrument God used to show His lovingkindness. It was really a wonderful message. You can click to listen to it on the sidebar...it should be there shortly if it isn't already... 7.7.13 is the message date---->.

What is it that stopped me in my tracks? The amazing lovingkindness of God. Pastor Dan did an amazing job weaving all of scripture together, and showing God's chesed love for His people, me included. One thing he said is that God doesn't love with an exit strategy. that hit me. hard. God loves totally and completely. His love is for me, for us. I could type more, but won't. I am still processing it. Just wanted to share with you  that God loves His own completely, and He does not look for an exit, or a way out, of His relationship with you or I. As the psalmist would say.... Selah.


Here are the lyrics to a song we sang Sunday as well. These were a beautiful reminder of so many truths that i tend to forget.

His Robes for Mine by Chris Anderson & Greg Habegger

His robes for mine: O wonderful exchange!
Clothed in my sin, Christ suffered ‘neath God’s rage.
Draped in His righteousness, I’m justified.
In Christ I live, for in my place He died.

Chorus:
I cling to Christ, and marvel at the cost:
Jesus forsaken, God estranged from God.
Bought by such love, my life is not my own.
My praise-my all-shall be for Christ alone.

His robes for mine: what cause have I for dread?
God’s daunting Law Christ mastered in my stead.
Faultless I stand with righteous works not mine,
Saved by my Lord’s vicarious death and life.

His robes for mine: God’s justice is appeased.
Jesus is crushed, and thus the Father’s pleased.
Christ drank God’s wrath on sin, then cried “Tis done!”
Sin’s wage is paid; propitiation won.
His robes for mine: such anguish none can know.
Christ, God’s beloved, condemned as though His foe.
He, as though I, accursed and left alone;
I, as though He, embraced and welcomed home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Talk (~: