11.30.2013

A Song-ett

{hoping you got that little play on words up there in the title! Instead of Sonnett, a Song-ett. i know.. pretty weak.}

As I was listening to some songs on my ipod, i realized that i was starting to make sentences of some of the song titles. I grabbed a piece of paper and pen, and this is what i ended up with! So, this is made up mostly of song titles, and it is a great summary of what the Lord has been doing in my life. 

Though You Slay Me and Move in Mysterious Ways, I will Turn My Eyes Upon Jesus, and cry out, "Jesus, Draw Me Ever Nearer". Because You Walked in Lonely Places, I can now Lift Up My Sorrows, knowing that You Did That For Me. Amazing Grace sets me on A Firm Foundation, knowing that Jesus exchanged His Robes for Mine. In Christ Alone can I truly say "It Is Well With My Soul!" Amazing love, how can it be that Thou, my God, shouldst die for me? Praise the Lord, for GREAT things He IS doing!!
Here are links to the songs if you want to listen to them :):
Though You Slay Me 
God Moves in a Mysterious Way
Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus
Jesus, Draw Me Ever Nearer
You Walked in Lonely Places  (M. Card talks about this song here)
Lift Up Your Sorrows
You Did That For Me
Amazing Grace
How Firm a Foundation
His Robes for Mine
In Christ Alone
It Is Well With My Soul
And Can It Be (Amazing Love)
Doxology 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Talk (~: