8.25.2011

Belonging

So, we celebrated 14 years of marriage yesterday. Wow...quite a feat these days, if i do say so myself. We spent a wonderful afternoon, visiting old haunts, chatting, eating, and laughing. Sharing future dreams. My sweet man opened up about things he had been thinking about doing, and was surprised at my enthusiasm and joy in his prospects!

Over dessert, we talked (i talked) about my own "stuff", and i can honestly say, that for the first time in my life, i feel like i belong somewhere. For my entire life i have chased after this deep-seated desire to belong. OH, what lengths we go to in order to "fit in" as you say!

i know that i belong and have belonging with Christ Jesus.

But don't we all long to belong on the personal level too? i know i have. and i have jumped through hoops, people-pleased, sacrificed, etc. in order to belong.

Last night was wonderful. Affirming. Full of faithfulness, trust, and openness. i know i belong. i know i am loved. i know i can finally stop striving, and just rest.

Rest in the love my husband has for me. Rest in the place of belonging. Rest in Christ.

AH!! What joy there is when you can finally take a deep breath, without fear, trusting in the faithfulness of a love so true.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Talk (~: