8.10.2011

Fear is Knocking

Sunday morning. Church. Worship. Singing praises to our Lord and God. Joyful.

Then, it happens...

Our worship leader decided to preach for a couple minutes (which i welcome). First words out of his mouth were something like this: "You know, as Christians, we have nothing to fear. No reason to be afraid. We are in Christ, and don't have to fear anything." As i said earlier, it went on for a couple minutes. Now, to some, this was no new news.

To me, it was everything.

My husband and i had just been talking a few nights before this about this very topic. Yep. Fear. More specifically, i was talking about my fears. How i realized i had some pretty big ones recently. Some big ones that had knocked on my door, and i let in.

Like...
how insecure i am in my friendships. Afraid they will leave me.

Insecure in my marriage. Afraid he will leave me.

Get the theme here?

My hubby loves me. Really loves me. And deeply desires that i could rest in his love for me. i yearn for that rest. After Sunday, i realized i had to make a choice, not based on my feelings (fear), but based on the FACTS. My husband loves me and does not want to leave me. I choose to believe this. I trust Christ in him. My Babe honors me and loves me like Christ loves the Church...and i will rest in that :)

In talking with a friend about my insecurities in my friendships, i realized that i am called to love and serve the way Christ loved and served Judas. I am NOT saying my friends are like Judas! i am saying that Christ knew who would betray him, and loved him the same. yep. washed his feet even. If anyone ever had reason to fear that His friends would abandon him, it was Christ, because they all did! Yet He did NOT fear. He trusted and obeyed and did what the Father told Him to do.

So, after our worship pastor preached, we started singing a new song. The music started. The words went up on the screen. And i was frozen. i could not sing. Tears were streaming down my face. My number had been called...God had a meeting with me! Here are the lyrics (i could finally sing for the 2nd chorus!):

 Always by Kristian Stanfill (click name for video)

My foes are many, they rise against me
But I will hold my ground
I will not fear the war, I will not fear the storm
My help is on the way, my help is on the way

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always

Troubles surround me, chaos abounding
My soul will rest in You
I will not fear the war, I will not fear the storm
My help is on the way, my help is on the way
Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always


I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord
I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord
I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord
I lift my eyes up, my help comes from the Lord
From You Lord, from You Lord

Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always
I will not fear, His promise is true
My God will come through always, always
Oh, my God, He will not delay
My refuge and strength always, always

~ amen ~

next post, the verse God used Monday ;) as He always confirms His work, with His Word.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent post! We all struggle with fear. I've been scared of what might happen at my job over the past year. But our God is faithful and lifts us up. We need only keep our eyes on Him and his promises, not the waves and storm around us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanette,
    This is a wonderful post. You took the first step by acknowleging your fears. You can't deal with an issue until you bring it from the darkness into the light. God is so faithful when we bring our fears to Him! And isn't it just like him to have someone address that very thing in church on Sunday!
    You are a blessing!
    ~Erin
    www.mynuggetsoftruth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bryn, and Erin. It is just like Him to be SO faithful! Too often i create a storm in my mind that isn't even real, and the fear envelopes me...No MORE! Taking every thought captive...He is faithful to sustain :)

    I appreciate you stoppin' by and commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Let's Talk (~: