2.19.2013

an idol

For far too long i have cared more about what others think of me, than what God says about me. ouch. That, my friends, is idolatry. egads!!  i just said the word. An idol is something that means more to you than God, to put it simply. i have put the opinions of others about me above the Truth of God's Word.

Realizing this the past couple weeks has brought about a freedom and peace that is liberating. Walking in repentance is freeing. yes, FREEING! The example from my life right now is that i have let the actions and words (or lack of actions and words) from 2 people run my life the past few years. I have believed the lie that those words (or lack of) are an accurate picture of my worth and value, even if 100 other people told me the opposite. Thankfully, a godly Christian counselor helped me to see my need to repent in this area and find my worth in God alone. AMEN. I have the peace of Christ.

Is there an idol in your life? Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to: "Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties;  And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:23-24.

He is faithful.

Then, put on Christ...
"And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed.   The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.   Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy.  But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts. ~Romans 13:11-14

AND...
"Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.   The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you." ~Philippians 4:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Talk (~: