5.10.2013

Stablish Thy Kingdom in my Heart


Thy Reign.
"Righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost." Romans 14:17

Thy reign is righteousness,
Not mine, but Thine !
A covering no less
Than the broad, bright waves of Thy great sea,
That roll triumphantly
From line to pole, and pole to line;
A reign where every rebel thought
In sweet captivity
To Thine obedience is brought.

Thy reign is perfect peace; 
Not Mine, but Thine !
A stream that cannot cease,
For its fountain is Thy heart.  O depth unknown ! 
Thou givest of Thine own,
Pouring from Thine and filling mine.
The 'noise of war' hath passed away;
God's peace is on the throne,
Ruling with undisputed sway. 

Thy reign is joy divine;
Not mine, but Thine;
Or else not any joy to me !
For a joy that flowed not from Thine own,
Since Thou hast reigned alone, 
Were vacancy or misery. 
O sunshine of Thy realm, how bright
This radiance from Thy throne,
Unspeakable in calmest light ! 

Thy reign shall still increase !
I claim Thy word,
Let righteousness and peace 
And joy in the Holy Ghost be found,
And more and more abound
In me, through Thee, O Christ my Lord;
Take unto Thee Thy power, who art
My Sovereign, many-crowned ! 
Stablish Thy kingdom in my heart.

~by Frances Ridley Havergal in Evening Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Talk (~: