5.02.2013

Taking My World Apart

In 1995 the band Jars of Clay released their first album. On that album is a song called "Worlds Apart". This song became my prayer. I couldn't listen to it without tears. I identified so closely with it. I had been a Christian for a few years at that point, and if i knew anything, i knew that God needed to strip me of my selfishness and pride. Strip me of who i thought i was. Strip me of what i allowed myself to be identified by (which was everything but HIM).

 Over the last 18 years, i have continued to pray this prayer, with this song. It is still raw. It still moves me to tears at times.

 The past month has seen my world turned up-side-down. Last week, this song came to my mind. All of a sudden, i realized that my prayers were being answered. God is taking my world apart. He is completely undoing me. "Providential destruction" as i heard it called. I am being completely undone by the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and that is a good thing. Jesus Christ really did have to die for me. He purchased my pardon at Calvary... ALL of my debts. there is nothing i can do to add to the work of the Cross.


 Well, here is a live version of the song. it is about 5 minutes long.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Talk (~: