8.22.2013

The Gift of Photographs

Today i was given a beautiful gift in the mail. My Grandpop made copies of some old photographs that i had asked for. There were five 8x10's, and a couple 3x5's (that i had NEVER seen!) in the envelope. As i opened them, i caught my breath. A beautiful picture of my Dad in his Marines uniform. Wow.

There was a picture of my Mom and Dad's wedding day. They looked so happy. How quickly that faded....

There was a picture of my great-grandparents who came over from Sicily. precious.

A picture of my great-grandpop in his Italian WWI uniform. amazing!

There was  small picture of my Dad as a baby that i had never seen, as well as a picture of my Dad and his brother, my Uncle Mike, as young boys. They were 4 years apart, my Dad being the oldest.

I had a tear or two in my eyes, but more than anything, i was filled with gratefulness for this precious gift. A gift that will continue to give for my lifetime.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Talk (~: