10.09.2013

Hot! Hot! HOT!

We really like habanero peppers. Well, actually, we like to torture ourselves with hot foods. That being said, i grew habaneros again this year. they are one of the hottest in the chili pepper family. 

Yesterday i was slicing my peppers in half so that i could dry them in the oven. Like a good hot-pepper-cutter, i wore gloves. You know? the yellow kitchen gloves that are good for everything? 

The peppers were all halved and put on the parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Popped them in the oven, washed off the gloves, took them off, and went on with my day. 

Awhile later, my son was talking to me. I rubbed my eye with my finger, and BAM!!! Burn, baby, burn!!! My eye was on FIREThe capsaicin from the blasted habanero went THROUGH my glove!!!!!!!! 

After a few minutes of furiously blinking, the pain started to subside. Poor Jey was standing at the sink with me saying, "I sure hope you feel better mom..." over and over. 

i don't even want to think of what would have happened if i hadn't had gloves on! 


The happy ending: the peppers are all dried now and ready for use at a later date!! 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. yep.. i didn't expect it to go through the gloves! i threw the gloves away!!

      Delete
  2. That's crazy that it went through the gloves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no kidding! I was so surprised when my eye started burning.. i was like "OH NO!"

      Delete

Let's Talk (~: