10.22.2014

Blowing in the Wind

from freevector.com
I have been taking walks in the morning for about 5 weeks now. It is a time i need. A time for me to gather my wits about me for the day ahead. A time to pray. A time to think. A time to plan.

This morning, the walk seemed extra beautiful. The air was much cooler. It was windy. The Fall colors have been amazing the past 10 days. Today, the leaves were falling off of their trees, blowing around, swirling in driveways.

I stood amazed at the wonder of it all. Feeling small in the shadows of the great oaks and poplars, maples and elms. Thinking of how great our God is. How amazing His creation. These walks have helped me to take more time to give Him the praise and thanks due Him. How awesome He is, to paint the trees every Fall with such ardent colors!

Watching these leaves, i stood in awe. They loose their bonds from the great trees that bore them in the Spring, to make room for new leaves the next year. But they don't just fizzle away. NO! they glow, and burn, and dance on their way out. They are free. As i watched the leaves all around me, i noticed a dance. They seem to dance on their way out. Dancing and singing praise to God in their own way. Each leaf unique. Each leaf beautiful. Each leaf dying, to make room for new growth.

Today, i was thankful for walks in the morning. For time with God. For His beauty reflected in creation.

I was also thankful for freedom. Freedom to let go and to trust Christ with every detail.

4 comments:

  1. reminds me of a poem I wrote about the leaves: http://michellebuck.com/poetry/purpose. I heard a quote the other day that I really liked about October: "I'm so glad I live in world where there are Octobers" --LM Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that quote!! Will have to check out that poem too...though i may have already read it :)

      Delete
  2. A and I took a walk downtown over lunch and I was loving seeing all of the oranges and yellows in our neighborhood and of course, the crunching of the leaves beneath our feet. love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a moment of being a little girl, and made a line straight to a huge gutter full of fallen leaves... and i, too, crunch, crunch, crunched. Just smiled all by myself at how happy a moment that was!! :)
      Aren't the colors just amazing right now?!

      Delete

Let's Talk (~: