1.18.2012

Leavin' on a Jet Plane...

 I just found out that my Babe is "Leavin' on a jet plane" {insert great old song!} to go to Frankfurt, Germany. The kicker? He had just been told last week that he wasn't going to Germany this year... It would just be one guy. Brian was relieved, and came home and told the kids he didn't have to go! The next day he told me (thought i heard him tell kiddos). I was ecstatic. I absolutely hate it when he has to fly. Yes, i trust God to care for him. and for us. i still hate it.  Yesterday i received a call from Brian informing me that he would be going to Frankfurt, as well as 2 other people.

i cried.
yes i did.

Funny thing is, i have been missing a disc i really enjoy listening to...Painted Red by JJ Heller. one of the best discs, seriously! All about how Jesus is everything. i was looking for something in the office when i came across it!! i set it out in the family room to listen to later. Well, i hung up from talking Brian (getting the news) and i prayed. Then i put the disc on. and it was just what i needed to hear. every.song.  There was a reason i couldn't find it!! it was so i could find it and hear it when the Lord wanted me to!

So, i was able to accept it. But guess what? The enemy of my soul wanted me to eat, eat, eat my way through the stress. i had to keep saying "NO! I WILL NOT EAT MY WAY THROUGH THIS!" 
And you know what?
i'm not. 
i am choosing to pray and go to God when i am feeling the stress, instead of going to food. He is such an amazing Comforter! 

O.k. So, why does he have to go to Germany anyway? I will tell you...there is a special Christmas Village-type show that is there where companies can go and see the new materials, trends, styles, etc. for seasonal decorations. It's a pretty big deal, actually. He will be gone for 4 nights, which doesn't sound like a lot to some, i am sure. But the kids miss him something awful when he is gone, as do i.

The picture with the Santa's is from the convention. Brian is the manager of product design for a private company. He designs Christmas and other holiday decorations for retailers. One of their big customers is Target Stores. So, it is always good to go and find inspiration, new materials, see vendors that make their designs, and everything else.

I am at peace with him going. gonna miss him. a lot.

praying through it...not eating through it ~ THAT is growth!! M2C (Made to Crave) has really made a difference for me...turning to God, not food. i am pretty sure i allowed food to be my comforter last year when he went.... THANKS, Lord, for growth!! 

All I Need ~ JJ Heller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Talk (~: