1.10.2012

Pure Love...whoa.

The goodness of human love is taken for granted

We turn it into a lust that tears us apart

We give up God's gifts for dust and ashes

And blame him for the pain growing in our hearts
~Sara Groves from the song Song of Solomon

Was walking the dogs when this song came on my nano. i was thunder-struck by the line: "We give up God's gifts for dust and ashes, and blame him for the pain growing in our hearts." It almost hurt to hear it. it forced me to look and question if i have given up any of God's gifts, for things that will fade away.... My answer was troubling. 

yes. i have. many times.

i have given up the wonderful gifts He has given me. i have forfeited true, real, lasting peace by not turning to Jesus, but turning to shopping or food to fill my ache. doesn't work. the guilt i feel afterwards is awful. is it worth it? no. i feel just as empty and restless as i did before, with added guilt. great.

there are many other things that i could list, but won't. you get the picture. the chorus of the song goes:

Sweet song of Solomon
Remind us of love much purer than our own

I was reminded of just how amazing God's love is for me. For my children. Reminded of how PURE His love is. i cannot grasp it in my finite mind. a pure love. no ulterior motive. no perversion in it. unadulterated. not jaded. not a love that gives something in order to get something. PURE love. Pure. His love is so much purer than mine. Thank You, Jesus!


And in remembering, i realize that i truly want to embrace the gifts that He given me...

And through it all, in my imperfections, He loves me. and i am NEVER FORSAKEN!


(I didn't meant to highlight the txt...sorry!!)



4 comments:

  1. Hi Jeanette, thank you for visiting my blog and your sweet comment. I don't believe I have been here before.

    This post reminds me of my "one word" for 2012: ONE. One with Jesus. One focus. One purpose. & I read this today: http://www.puritansermons.com/watson/watson3.htm

    God bless you on your M2C adventure! :)
    ~Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy!! i think you have, but i have re-done the blog and it looks COMPLETELY different than it did before :)

    thanks for the link.. we love the Puritan writers....our shelves have many books by them.

    hope you can stop back soon !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! My pastor just spoke about this, this morning. It seems to be a theme right now. I keep running across more people who are captured by the love that He has for us. I have also given up the gifts of God for tangible things. You know, God keeps coming after us. He never stops. I am so glad that He doesn't.

    ReplyDelete

Let's Talk (~: