1.09.2012

Made to Crave Monday (M2C Monday)

WELCOME to Made to Crave Monday!!  This is where i commit to posting about my journey through Lysa TerKeurst's book, Made to Crave. From now on, look for M2C, as that is what i am calling it for short :-)

i read the introduction last night. i am good. could sit on that for a week!

i may have a friend join in on the journey through the book, which is pretty exciting, since everything is better when you can have accountability :)

Okay... here are my stats... and YOU can keep me accountable as well!
Height: 5feet 6 1/2inches
Weight: 182 lbs. this morning
Goal: Healthy!! According to my doctor, I should shoot for about 155-160 lbs. I have moderately-high cholesterol, and I DO NOT want to take medication for it. Losing excess weight will help. Also, my biggest goal is to turn to Jesus for my needs, instead of to food, shopping, other people, music, or whatever else i may look to for comfort. 

M2C is NOT a weight-loss program. I want to be VERY clear about that. It is a lifestyle change...acknowledging that i have allowed OTHER THINGS to fill me, outside of God. From what i understand, if i am turning to food, shopping, music, etc. instead of turning to God and His Word, i have made those things idols.

TIME TO DETHRONE those things and ENTHRONE the King of kings!!!

pic from here
In the introduction to her book, Lysa shares how there are things that she knew needed changing, but that it was easier to rationalize all the reasons to NOT change. This resonated with me, for sure! My big excuses have been:
* i deserve this BIG bowl of ice-cream. Do you know what the kids were like today????
* my metabolism is just low.
* it really isn't THAT big of a deal, is it?
* i sorta eat healthy
* i don't turn to food ALL the time, just some of the time

Now you know what my excuses/rationalizations have been! it is all out there :) 

it is a little frightening to hit "publish post" now!

What are the biggest excuses you use to keep from making needed changes (not just with food! i had to go a number of months NOT shopping at Old Navy, as it was my "happy place")?

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! I am proud of you for posting this, and I know that must of been hard to do.

    Your list of excuses is mine too! Yours is ice-cream. Mine is soda. A week ago, I went almost a whole week without one, then I had a really stressful day and used the excuse that I deserved one, and that was it, I was back to drinking them. I need to get back to water. I am starting that tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, it isn't always ice-cream. it can be any kind of food!! so, for me to cut out sugar or anything else, wouldn't "solve" my issue. I am really thinking about WHY am i eating? What is the reason that i am going to the kitchen?

    THANKS for being open, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's Talk (~: