1.23.2012

M2C Monday

I am late on this today! Read chapter one and am processing quite a bit, actually.

The biggest thing? Choosing healthier foods when i do eat.

Why was this a big deal? It is a big deal because, although i have chosen to eat only when i am hungry, i haven't always chosen the best food to eat. Here is what i wrote in my notebook last night:
pg. 19 ~ Newsflash for me... when i am eating when i feel hungry, these need to be times when i am choosing healthy foods. It's not like i am eating a bag of chips, but i do tend to choose an unhealthy lunch (pizza left-overs instad of turkey sandwich). 
So ~ it's not just NOT eating unless i feel hungry. It's making healthier choices for meals when i AM hungry. Add much more fruit & veggies; less carbs (whites). When i have a snack, be intentional with what i am choosing. Am i choosing something that will temporarily satisfy me, but give me a sugar high/crash? (And yes, even the "healthy" granola bars can do this! What is the first ingredient????) 

There you have it! Then i read this quote by Lysa on page 20: "Just feeling full isn't the answer to sticking with a healthy eating plan."  TRUE STORY!

I do believe i have some healthier choices to look forward to in the near future!

There has also been MUCH progress in the area of turning to God alone to satisfy my cravings. This week was one.emotional.week!  God gave me plenty of opportunities to turn to Him to fulfill my needs. And you know what? He did. every.time. Praise His name!

I forgot to weigh myself this morning, so i will have to do that in ONE WEEK :-)

How was YOUR week? What is ONE change you have made to be healthier?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Talk (~: