3.30.2011

One Slow Learner :o)

The other night i was struggling with some hard news, and went to my laundry room to have some "cleaning therapy". i swept out dust from what i can only imagine were dust bunny refuges! Anyway, when i finished i went to my kitchen and thought maybe i should take a xanax. That is a fast-acting, short-lasting anit-anxiety medicine. The only medication i held on to after all was said and done.

i was about to get the bottle when i heard that still, small Voice say, "read the Bible, John 15." i was like, what? Why should i read about vines and branches! That is not what i need right now! Again i heard "John 15." So, i grabbed my Bible and started reading in John 4. i know, right? Nothin' struck me in John 4, so i went to John 15 (should have done that the first time!).
1 “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away;[a] and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in Me,..."

THERE it was! "Abide in Me." i got no further. THAT was exactly what i needed to hear. My head hit my Bible and i stayed like that for a good 15 minutes, praying for strength to Abide. Praying for His amazing peace. And you know what? The end result was so much comfort and peace! Better than a xanax anyday!

I may be a slow learner at times, but our God is so faithfully patient with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Talk (~: