3.10.2011

Keeping it Real: The Story, Part 2 (sorta)

After i posted Part 1 of my story, i was thinking maybe i shared too much about my past. Maybe i should have made it "prettier" so that i wouldn't sound like "i had it worse than you did" or something. Each of us has a journey, and pain is pain. The enemy was shouting in my ear..."loser"!!

Ya know what? If i were, or any of us for that matter, to package my pain with pretty paper and put a nice bow on it, God would not receive the glory for the complete transformation He did.

i was not innocent in my past either. You need to know that "hurt people, hurt people". And i did. i hurt people. i lashed out at my family. i am even quite sure i started a chunk of the fights myself...reaching for attention.

Simply put, i just wanted you to know that each of our lives is basically a beautiful mess. Life is messy. We get hurt, and we hurt others. If i hid my mess, or "cleaned it up" you would miss the amazing power that God showed.

Later today, the story continues...
There is HOPE! There are treasures to be found in the darkest night, sweet one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Talk (~: